About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, February 09, 2018

35 Literary Bars and Cafes from Around the World

In our habitual fantasies, writers do nothing but sit at small cafe tables, sometimes meeting with their friends, other times gazing wistfully into a pint or swirling an espresso before they scribble down their latest brilliant thought. It may have worked for Hemingway, but I’m here to tell you: that’s not usually what writing looks like. But hey, it’s Friday. 

Jorge Luís Borges and modernist poet Alfonsina Storni were frequent visitors to Cafe Tortoni
in Buenos Aires in the ’70s, and they’re still there, in wax figure form, at Borges’s regular table,
hanging out with Carlos Gardel
I've enjoyed a coffee or other libation at a number of these spots (including the one above) but didn't feel any literary inspiration.

More Literary Bars and Cafes 

No comments: