About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Gabriel García Márquez Digitization Project at University of Texas’ Harry Ransom Center


The University of Texas has digitized 27,000 documents from the collection of Gabriel García Márquez. Visitors to the archive can also sift through scrapbooks containing stories by and about Márquez, view his grade school reports, listen to a recording of the author’s 1982 Nobel Prize acceptance speech and peruse his personal correspondences. One 1992 letter from Time’s assistant editor seeks approval for the translation of a quote that Márquez had provided to the magazine: “The only new idea that could save humanity in the 21st century is for women to take over the management of the world.”

No comments: