About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Alan Bennett: The Time I Saw T.S. Eliot on a Train Platform


Legendary playwright Alan Bennett writes about his brush with the great poet.
It was at this point the train came in and after most of the passengers had cleared there came a small procession headed by the friendly lady, whom I now recognized as Mrs. Fletcher, a customer at my father’s butcher’s shop, followed by her daughter Valerie pushing a wheelchair with, under a pile of rugs, her husband T.S. Eliot.
More: Literary Hub

Related: Are you a fan of Alan Bennett? Perhaps you'd like to live in his house: Alan Bennett's 'Lady in the Van' house in Camden for sale.

No comments: