About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Presto and Zesto in Limboland

Picture from Presto and Zesto in Limboland,
©2017 by the Maurice Sendak Foundation.
Lynn Caponera, president of the Maurice Sendak Foundation, has found a typewritten manuscript co-authored by Sendak and his frequent collaborator, Arthur Yorinks. The manuscript and illustrations are complete. Sendak created them in 1990 to accompany a London Symphony Orchestra performance of Leoš Janáček’s Rikadla, a 1927 composition that set a series of nonsense Czech nursery rhymes to music. The book titled Presto and Zesto in Limboland, will be published by Michael di Capua Books/HarperCollins in 2018.

More here

No comments: